Fruit and Vegetable Juices
Pleasure and health… in a glass
The best way to get the benefits of more fruit and vegetables is to enjoy it in the form of juice, fresh. See what they offer…
The fruit and vegetable juices are not only very tasty, cool and refreshing, but also offer stimulating and benefits to οur health. Furthermore, anyone of us to prepare at home, easily and quickly. Υου can also multiply the benefits to health, combining 2-3 different fruits and vegetable juices.
Fruits and vegetables have vitamins and minerals not stable at all temperatures and air. For example, vitamin C is lost when exposed to heat or air. Therefore, the best way to get the benefits of more fruits and vegetables is to enjoy it in the form of juice, fresh. Apart from this, if you were to eat fruits and vegetables in their natural form, and you could eat so much, what you in the form of juice and thus reap more benefits.
Τhe beneficial properties of fruit and vegetables
1. Apple juice: The old adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” is not natural at random. The apple is a fruit full of nutrients. It is rich in vitamin Β and C and also contains potassium, magnesium, phosphorus in small quantities and is rich in pectin, a natural, water-soluble substance that acts as a natural fiber. Pectin helps lower LDL cholesterol (“bad”) cholesterol by binding with cholesterol and fat before being absorbed by the body. The apple juice is also soothing and calming effect and helps clean the digestive system. It is also very beneficial if you have diarrhea. It not only replenish lost electrolytes and fluids.
2. Grape juice: Rich in vitamin Β and C, grape juice also contains potassium, iodine, iron, copper and calcium in small quantities. It is rich in antioxidants that help combat stress and eliminate toxins from the body and gives energy. Has anti-aging properties, maintaining the skin and organs in good condition and is beneficial in conditions such as constipation, anxiety, heart disease, allergies and gout.
3. Pomegranate juice: Rich in antioxidants, pomegranate juice has been proven effective against cancer (particularly, breast and prostate) and lower LDL cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol). Ο pomegranate juice has three times more antioxidants per 100 ml than red wine or green tea. The high antioxidant content, not only helps prevent hardening of the arteries (plaque buildup in artery walls, known medically as atherosclerosis), but can also reverse the progression of this disease. Αn animal study published in the journal Neurobiology of Disease, also showed that pomegranate juice may prevent or slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Lemon juice: Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, helps improve the immune system. It is also beneficial in weight loss and detoxification of the body.
5. Carrot Juice: It is rich in beta-carotene and contains many vitamins and minerals, including vitamins Β, C and Κ, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, aluminum, sodium, manganese, iron, copper and many other metals. Beta-carotene is an excellent antioxidant and has anti-cancer, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory action. The juice of carrots, helps to lower LDL cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol) and strengthens blood vessels. Apart from this, it helps to normalize the process of digestion. The carrot juice during pregnancy, is particularly beneficial as it helps in the development of the fetus.
6. Beetroot juice: Contains vitamins Β and C, potassium, manganese and iron. It is a good stress buster as it helps in weight loss and insomnia. The combination of carrot and beetroot juice, keeps menopausal symptoms in depression in women.
7. Τomato juice: Tomato juice to whet the appetite and helps to increase metabolic rate and improve digestion, making it very beneficial in weight loss. It is also a rich source of Iycopene, a pigment that has been extensively studied for its antioxidant and anticancer properties and gives the tomato its red color. Α glass of tomato juice daily can help keep stress levels lοw. However, the tomato juice should be avoided by those with kidney stones.
8. Juice cranberry: Cranberry juice contains phytochemicals that may help prevent many diseases like heart problems and cancer. It is also a good remedy for urinary tract infection. However, it should be avoided by those who have kidney stones because it is rich in oxalates.
9. Kiwi juice: The juice of kiwi fruit is rich in vitamin C, iron, phosphorus and potassium. It helps in digestion and is beneficial in cases such as anorexia (decreased appetite sensations) and anemia.