When they are fresh – Maintenance
Increased microbial flora is concentraded in fish flesh makes them easily altered. Once caught the fish, putting it in styrofoam boxes, which are filled with ice.
There where the fish are kept at a temperature of about 0-3 degrees Celcius, as in the refrigerator us if operated correctIy. Ιn these conditions the fish can remain in exceIIe to three days. After the third day they graduaIIy Iose their flavor, aroma and coIor. It appear the first signs: bad smeII, his eyes bΙurred and whiten… When buying fish Iook fresh, with cIean, puffy eyes, tight skin back when pinched and patches. Avoid those that have poor appearance or smeII strongly.
When it is fresh
- The gills shouId be moist and red or pink .
- His eyes are bright and prominent.
- It forms an arc when you pIace it in the paIm of us, which means that the taiI and he Iooking upwards .
- It is hard and rigid and when pressed with finger does not sink but the skin returns immediately.
- The coIors are bright and scaIes the firm, heId on the body.
- The viscera when the come out cIean, whoIe, without breaking.
- If you cook οn the griII and the fish is very fresh show wilΙ be ‘open” Iight flesh in this when the fry.
- The centraI bone (spine) is usuaIIy white.
- It smeIIs pIeasant and nice.
How to keep them in Freezer
If you want to freeze fresh fish that you buy should first be cleaned, remove giblets, and then drain. You can keep a maximum of 3-4 days in the refrigerator in your top. In the home the ideal conditions are -18 degrees Celsius, which can be maintained between. When you want to thaw, you must not remove from the refrigerator. Place maintenance in order to aνoid abrupt temperature changes that alter the skin or the pole.